Tuesday, February 28, 2006

my journey, my darlings..

I don't think I can word the things I wanna say, but I'll try...
I look back at my journey in the past 4 years. And I see such a path made by God.
Even though I was "forced" to come to MMU. I had no choice because I wanted to get a recognized degree. And Prime screwed up.
But it was all part of God's plan. Although I sometimes don't understand my purpose in engineering, I see that the bigger picture doesn't just involve my academic studies.
It involves EVERY single aspect of my life.

I have 5 girl friends whom are very dear to me. I don't know how we came together, but God brought us together. And really, it's a NEW level of friendship altogether.
In high school, i had close friends... we talked bout boys, clothes, secrets, emotions...all that! And maybe talked abit bout church stuff with church friends.
But NOW, the 6 of us, we talk bout boys, clothes, secrets, emotions, AND God, AND His place in our hearts... We pray together, FOR each other, we laugh together, we even cry together and for each other. We've gone deeper than normal friends do. We're REAL and TRUE to ourselves - our weaknesses and strengths. Most importantly, we place Jesus in the center. And His LOVE is what binds us together so strongly.

If not for MMU, I wouldn't have found Acts and be grounded in it. If not for MMU, I wouldn't have got so involved in CF. I wouldn't have taken up leadership in CFMMU. I wouldn't slowly take up leadership in church like I am now. Simply because I wouldn't have been ready for it. Because I would've probably be living in sin and compromise and just digging into the pit that I was in when I first came to MMU.

When I think about the past 4 years, I see such a tremendous growth in my life that I really never imagined myself ever reaching this stage. Spiritually, mentally, emotionally... Finally, I can live each day without that self-condemnation and guilt that used to plague me. Finally I can see worth in my life. Finally I can worhip and serve God freely.
Breakthrough after breakthrough, even though subtle...but they HAVE taken place.
And there's more to come. :)

Father, You are truly gracious. You pulled me out of that miry clay, and set my feet upon the Rock. You blessed me with so many precious people that are always ready to help me along this difficult and narrow road. You never let me go although I failed You so many times. Thank you's aren't enough. I owe You my life, my everything.
And above all that, I LOVE YOU!!! For all that You are. For all that You've done.
For first loving me. I love You.


And my darlings, you know who you are... I couldn't thank God enough for you... And I can't wait to see each and everyone of you fulfill your destinies in Him. It's gonna be awesome and beautiful!! Let's walk hand in hand till the end. Love you babes!! *MUAKS*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Thong,
What a touching true life story. Didn't know you're almost my age! Yeah, it's true that you're growing so much from just the few times we meet and hearing from you. You seem to grasp the concept of God's grace pretty well and that's one of the main ingredients of the growth I believe. Thanks for your friendship and love. Remember, this year, you're about to experience "perfect". Not by might, not by power...:D

RacH said...

Hey jack!! :)
What a pleasant surprise! Thanks for dropping by.. am truly encouraged and blessed. By your words, and just by knowing you. Thank you...

RacH said...

suchen jie jie!!!
:P hugz*
i had to ask nicky who this nick was. heh... then now only can see picture..
thank u so so much for ur comments..
am encouraged!from afar as well. :D
honestly, seniors like you had a role to play in how much i've grown since i entered MMU. thank u so much...
hope you're doing very well in Pg..and even touching more lives for Daddy.. ;)