Friday, August 18, 2006

: :TRanSiTioN: :

I knew it was coming... And I'd have to face it. But the whole duration in Aus and NZ, I chose not to think about the reality of it.
-TRANSITION-
Everyone goes through it. And now it's my turn.
Spending all our life studying and learning. It was easy. Our goal was always the same - study hard. Get through school, college, uni...

Convo - Both happy and sad; Glad we made it. Yes sad that we're leaving.
Worst of all, for me, it's like I just fell into the great wide ocean. LOST. Without a goal in life anymore. Without solid ground under my feet. It was as if I had to start my life again from scratch.

Changes - hard to accept. And when reality hit. It hurt. It got me disoriented.

Setting my feet back on the ground - I thank God that He's my rock. I praise Him because no matter what storms lie ahead of me, He still holds me in the palm of His almighty hands.
As quickly as the whirlwinds swirled around me knocking me off my feet, my Lord was as quick to set my feet back on solid ground. On Him. Just as soon as doubt, confusion, and frustration set in, there also came comfort, reassurance, and confidence.

The word for me in this season of my life - "I waited patiently for the Lord." Psalm 40:1
Waiting is harder than walking. Because it requires patience.

"Must life be considered a failure for someone compelled to stand still, forced into inaction and required to watch the great, roaring tides of life from shore? No - victory is then to be won by standing still and quietly waiting...It requires much more courage to stand and wait and still not lose heart or lose hope, to submit to the will of God, to give up opportunities of work, etc and to be quiet, confident, and rejoicing while the busy multitude goes along their way." -Streams in the Desert

For now, I am to wait... and trust God for His leading. I shall not move until the "pillar of cloud" moves. Despite the peer pressure. Despite what everyone else is doing... I shall rest in His will and only do what He calls me to, so that I will not waste my time and energy.

"Open my ears Lord, that I may hear when You speak."

3 comments:

dK said...

hie rachel, wish you well in this phase of life :) may you achieve greatness in all that you do!

God Bless - danielkhoo

Anonymous said...

Yo rachel..
Somehow i can identify the feeling after convo.
But i believe many oppurtinities lies ahead.
All d best.
God bless

:)

RacH said...

hey guys!!
thank you... :) All the best to you too!! And may God lead you both to great things!!
:D