The Shrek song is playin in my head... accidentally in love... accidentally in love..
:P
Were we? Accidentally in love?
5 years ago... We practically saw each other every weekend. We served in church together. But not more than 10 words were exchanged between us.
Words apart.
That's what we were. Not even the intention of becoming friends was existent.
All I knew about you was that you were Jack's bro and you play the drums.
Dance.
That's what brought us together. How that happened, only God knows. He must have orchestrated it. Because this is more than I could have ever dreamed of.
The smile.
That's the first thing that made me notice you. You flashed me the most genuine smile I've ever seen. I still remember which pillar in church you emerged from.
Closest of friends.
That's what we became. Don't know how, but we just clicked, from the first sms onwards. Your open-ness and real-ness drew me. We shared. We cared. We prayed for each other, with each other. I trusted you. I knew you had no intentions. It is by far the cleanest friendship I've had with a guy.
Attachment.
That's what we felt after some time. Emotional attachment. Humans can't escape that can they? We had our disagreements, upsets, disappointments, even as friends.
Realization.
That's what both of us experienced at different times. "I can see myself spending the rest of my life with this guy". "I can't bear to lose her". Yet, I chose to commit it to God. Put it on a shelf. If it's meant to be it will be. If not, our friendship is still amazing. I promised myself that I won't blurt anything stupid.
Denial.
That's what I was in for some time. Didn't wanna admit. Didn't dare to think or see us any more than what we were - Amazing friends. You had the same fear.
Testing waters.
That's what you did. haha... "I'm not THAT stupid you know.." :P Still, I didn't dare to hope.
The confession.
That sorta happened unexpectedly. Pounding hearts. Scattered thoughts. I couldn't believe it was happening. Bliss.
And the rest is history...
Accidentally? I don't think so. Coincidence? Nah... Divine appointment? lol..
whatever you wanna call it, I believe Someone greater is involved in the picture.
Our Daddy God... He's the one who got us this far. And it's getting better day by day. As long as He's in the center, it'll be beautiful.
"Thank you Papa... Thank you for this amazing gift, this blessing that I wouldn't even have dared to ask for."
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. - Matthew 6:33
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i was typing a long reply just awhile ago... but i thought, its just gonna spoil the whole thing, so i scrapped it... all that you have said is already so beautiful, and nothing i can say can explain how your writing (or rather typing) has made me feel.
You ARE a Godsend and till now... you are still my best friend... :)
Am so happy for you for your adventures with our Father, all that He has brought you through and made you to become... i still can't believe that this is happenening to me... it's like a dream come true... someone so beautiful, with looks that match her beautiful persona...
i pray that we will always place 'us' in God's hands and let Him take us through all of this.
Thank you... :)
DogBert
Post a Comment