Friday, May 02, 2008

VeRTiGo

Vertigo... A new word to me. Also a new experience.

Vertigo, a specific type of dizziness, is a major symptom of a balance disorder. It is the sensation of spinning or swaying while the body is stationary with respect to the earth or surroundings.
The effects of vertigo may be slight. It can cause nausea and vomiting and, if severe, may give rise to difficulty with standing and walking.

In February I experienced a sudden wave of dizziness; felt like I was floating when I walked. And everything was spinning when I lay down.
Now I've learnt it's called vertigo.
Doctor gave me some pills. Said could be my inner ear.

Anyway, had mild occurences since then.
But this week, on Wed night, it happened badly again. This time nausea accompanied it. Couldn't walk straight and had to lie down for a few hours.

This time, Doc said it could be my stomach as well.
Now I gotta go in for a blood test on Sunday.

Lord, whatever it is, I know You can heal me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey babe, I hope and pray you get well soon. >:D<

weeliem said...

Vertigo is a song by U2:)

hope u get better soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.