Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pride vs Grace

This morning, pride tried to sit on my shoulder. But immediately the Holy Spirit gave me a new perspective of GRACE.
It's not me. It's not that I'm worthy. It's not that "Look! People like them get touched coz of someone like me!"
But it's "Hey...even though I'm unworthy. Even though I'm the naughty kind. Even though I'm wilder than most good Christians. Even though I fall easily. But God chose to use someone like me. God chose to use this ugly piece of clay...for His purpose, His plans... And for that, I am forever grateful. Because He used something that Satan could've easily used for evil, and turned it into something good. Something to extend His Kingdom. Something to touch lives that need Him.

Jehovah, You're AWESOME!! You're AMAZING!! I am humbled by Your sweet grace. That undeserving grace that You so generously showered upon me. Upon us all.

Hence the song was written:
Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost
But now am found
Was blind, but now I see


And after all this, I'm still not the good kindda girl. Still not the "holy" Christian that some people might expect me to be. Probably never will be. But that won't stop God Almighty from using people like me; the wild at heart.

No comments: